Price parity differences in your online sales channels are one of the factors that negatively affect your online booking volume. It is often a problem that rooms at your facility are offered for sale at travel agencies or 3rd party sales channels at a lower cost. In this case, the online channels you cooperate to increase your profit margins will be a disadvantage for your facility due to parity differences.
Why is parity equality important?
You’ll reduce your chances of getting a direct booking when you’re selling your room rates at higher rates than your travel agencies on your website and other direct channels. You can also create a perception that it is more advantageous to make reservations from other channels on your guests.
Why do parity differences occur?
- The campaign and discount that the online travel agent creates directly through its Extranet may not be available on your website.
- Your facility’s online travel agency may still have a rate code that is still active but is not in use.
- Your online travel agent may not update the rate delivered to them depending on technical or other reasons. This rate may be applied to the whole calendar or to specific geographic areas.
- Your online travel agent may be using a currency conversion rate other than what you use in your facility.
- Your online travel agency has set special rates for bulk bookings and these bookings may be available for sale by three parties.
With HotelRace Price Parity and Competition Tracking features, you can control your prices on different online sales channels and easily avoid any parity difference. Thanks to HotelRace Dual Channel Channel Manager, you can feed your sales channels simultaneously and eliminate the risk of parity difference.
To eliminate the risk of parity difference, just click, open your HotelRace account and start expanding your online booking volume.